Working with Children
The safety and protection of children I work with is my top priority. With that in mind, I've prepared this policy document for absolute transparency.
Working with children in schools and educational institutions
Joy Marsden works with an Enhanced DBS/CRB Certificate and abide's by the rules of working with children in your school or educational outlet.
Outside contact and social media
Experience has taught me that following a visit to and working in a school or college, students I've worked with will often find me through my websites and on social networks. My policy on this is strict, and works as follows:
- As far as possible Facebook friend requests will not be accepted
- Students messaging/emailing to say thank you or commenting on the work I've done with them will receive a reply thanking them for their participation and some words of encouragement.
- Public questions or requests for help will be answered publicly in the best way that I can
- Direct or private messages with questions or requests for help will also be answered, but they will be directed back to the school/college for further input, unless organised by the school
- Requests for extended or face-to-face help will require authorisation from the school or parent/guardian, and this will be made clear to any students requesting assistance in that way
In some circumstances, I may request access to photos taken by the school. Photographs will only be used for promotional purposes if specific identification of children is totally concealed.